I’m Michelle, owner and photographer at Divine Goddess Photography.
I’ve been taking photos since 2012, when my husband bought me my first professional camera for my birthday. Since then, as a St Augustine FL wedding photographer, I’ve had the joy of shooting over 150 weddings and helping couples capture their love stories for generations to come.
I was born in Stamford, Connecticut, and moved to Jacksonville, Florida when I was just five years old. I now live in St. Augustine, Florida with my husband and our two wonderful children, Athena and Nikolas. In case you can’t tell, both our children are named in honor of my Greek heritage and my grandmother who came to the U.S. from Greece in pursuit of the American Dream. Her strength and determination inspire me to this day, pushing me to achieve my goals, both as a photographer and as a mother and wife.
I love photography because it has the power to freeze time, creating memories that will last even longer than your lifetime. Your wedding photos will be cherished by your children and their children, and you deserve images that truly capture your spirit and your love.
Thank you for checking out my website! I can’t wait to talk to you about your photography needs!
What types of photography do you specialize in?
I specialize in weddings, which includes engagements, and boudoir. But I also specialize in newborn photography as well! Each subject has its unique challenges and delights, and I love them all for different reasons, but what I love the most is that I can watch your family grow from the very beginning!
What photography skills do you have?
I’m an expert in lighting, which is essential to make sure I get gorgeous shots, no matter how dim or bright the location is. I also have skills in posing subjects, so if you’re nervous about how to position your body, I’m here to help! I’ve even worked with other photographers, mentoring them as they’ve developed their own skills and talents.
What photography organizations do you belong to?
I belong to three professional organizations for photographers:
What educational courses or workshops have you completed?
I’m always looking to learn more and grow my skills as a photographer, so I try to take courses regularly! I wouldn't be where I am today without these courses:
- Al Audleman CPP Course
- Jerry Ghionis Wow Tour
- Imaging USA 2016
- Crazy Stupid Light by Scott Robert Lim (Creative Live Member)
- Newborn Workshop by Kelly Brown (Creative Live Member)
- Think Like a 10k Photographer by Scott Robert Lim (Creative Live Member)
- PhLearn Member (Photoshop education)
- The Art of 6 Figures with Easton Reynolds
- SEO Bootcamp with The Hopper Co.
- Pricing and Sales with Julia Kelleher (Creative Live Member)
- Posing 101: Couples, Weddings, and Families with Lindsay Adler (Creative Live Member)
- Thinking Conceptually with Dan Saelinger
What photography competitions do you enter?
I’ve participated in several photography competitions and enter these four each year:
- Rise International Awards (Australia Competition)
- International Photography Competition (IPC)
- FPP Focus (State Photography Competition)
- JPPG Salon (Local Photography Competition)
What awards have you received for your work?
I received 24 awards in 2018, which was such an honor!
- Florida’s 2018 Emerging Artist Award
- 12 Merit Awards (1 at IPC, 6 at FPP, and 5 at JPPG)
- Jacksonville’s 2018 Top Ten Photographer
- Jacksonville’s 2018 1st Time Competitor
- 3 Distinguished Awards
- 2 Print Honor Awards
- JPPG 1st Place Salon Print
- 3 JPPG 3rd Place Salon Prints